Thursday, December 15, 2011

Advent stockings


The countdown to Christmas is a magical time but often gets overshadowed by Advent calendars that hold treats and candies. My preference is for a simpler kind which helps children and adults prepare for the holiday with actions of friendship, love and kindness.


I have had these sweaters in my repurpose box for years but never wanted to cut into them. Once I saw this decorating idea on Martha Stewart, I finally braved the scissors to my felted beauties. I'm so happy I did because now we have our own Advent calendar tradition.




Borrowing some prompts from Noodlehead's Advent calendar and coming up with our own, we now have 24 days to show acts of kindness, love and fun as we prepare for the Christmas holiday.

Wishing you moments to stop and enjoy the spirit of the season!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...